Friday, December 17, 2010

First Bobbin of Ebony

Here are a few pictures of my first bobbin of Ebony, the fleece I recently bought off ebay. Although she was named as a black sheep, only the skirted parts of the fleece were actually black. The rest is a combination of grey, brown and sun-bleached tips.
 This photo shows the most accurate color of the fleece, and as you can see it is spinning up nicely and evenly and I haven't even had to prepare it beyond washing the fleece. To wash it I have soaked small portions in a laundry bag, in a tub with Earth Choice dishwashing detergent. It is gentle and safe and has worked really well. I usually do 3 loads with the detergent and a final rinse soak. The fleece has come out clean and in excellent, ready to use condition.
I am very pleased with the results of this spinning as well as the color. I really hope that I will be able to use the finished product for a sweater or cardigan or other big project. I am loving the color!

No comments:

Post a Comment