Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Slow progress

I'm back at work and as expected my knitting time has dropped dramatically. But I'm slowly getting there. I have been working on my owls sweater, and have completed the first set of waist decreases. I know the calculations for the shaping, according to my body and gauge. I also have plans for a new way of shaping the sweater to my bust. I have found all my sweaters and cardigans have too much fabric at the back, but fit fine in the front. So after reading up on shaping, in particular "fit to flatter" I am going to increase up to the size underneath my bust, then do dome short row shaping to fit my bust. That's the plan anyway.

My second monkey has just finished the cuff, and that's it. Very slow progress, a row here and there, but that's all. I have been enjoying knitting my sweater on larger needles for now.

On a sad note, another pair of handknit socks have died. I really hope that my new socks on 64 stitches will last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment