Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pretty Little Facecloth

About a year ago now, I purchased a lot of cotton yarn on sale at Spotlight. It is called "Bella Baby - Evelyn". The yarn is 100% cotton, and predominately white, with a single ply of color blended in, for a very pretty and muted color.

I finally decided to start knitting it up, and I wanted facecloths. So I found the pattern, "grandmothers favorite dishcloth" and did a slight variation due to the fact that the yarn I'm using is a fingering weight rather than a worsted.

So I'm knitting my cloth up on 3.25mm needles and my midpoint to change to decreases was 60 stitches. I'm very happy with the size and the texture, it is nice and soft and fine, perfect for the face. I'm sure there will be many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment