Saturday, March 10, 2012

Starting a Shop

I have decided I want to go down the road of trying to sell my own wares, especially handspun, dyed fleeces and hand dyed yarns. I have played around with this a bit already and am very happy with the dyeing results I have had so far.

Handspun Hand Dyed


 Superwash wool, DK, pink, magenta and red 100g

75% Wool, 25% Mohair, 5% Alpaca, DK, purple, blue and pink 100g
 Superwash, DK, pink, blue, red 100g x2


But unfortunately like any new venture, you need to find the time and the money to start up. I have decided to start with what I have on hand, and then if I sell anything, put that towards buying new stock. I'm thinking of an etsy shop because that may be the best way to get some exposure and have people find my yarns and fleeces. But being in Australia, the popularity and knowledge of etsy is a lot less common that overseas.

But we all have to start somewhere. I'd love any advice anyone has when starting up. I know an important factor is good photos and I plan to work on that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment