Monday, May 21, 2012

FO - Pillars of Strength Socks

Going back a little while, I finished my Pillars of Strength socks. They were knit as a test knit and the pattern is now available on ravelry. I knit them on 2.25mm needles, 2 circs, using Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4ply in Ruby. The luxury is 100% wool, merino I think.

The socks took a while to finish, I enjoyed the pattern, but found the pattern a bit fiddly, mostly because of the twisted cables that create the pillars. In the pattern they are written as one stitch cables. I learn how to do this in a Debbie Bliss pattern without a cable needle. But it is quite tricky to do on such a small scale.

For this reason the socks were not going fast enough for me, and lost some of their enjoyment. Although I do admit once they were finished I was very pleased with how they look, they fit well and are nice and comfy.

I have decided that I think plain stockinette socks are more for me. I think I prefer to do the patterning on a larger scale for ease, and also to show it off on a more visible platform, clothing or shawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment