Monday, March 21, 2011

Knitting with Case 39

So recently, while sitting and knitting in one of my rare moments of free time, I finally got around to watching Case 39. I had been wanting to watch this movie for ages, it sounded like a really good psychological thriller, and they are my favourite movies to watch.

Case 39 is about a social worker who has to rescue a girl from her parents who are trying to kill her. This film could have gone down a very dramatic, emotional and gripping path, but instead it chose to follow the road of the evil/demon child. Very reminiscent of The Grudge and The Ring. Although not as graphic, there were certainly enough similarities to make the film a little predictable.

But that's not to say it was a bad film, not at all in fact. I really enjoyed the movie, it was entertaining, the acting was good and I do like Renee Zellweiger. It was a perfect movie to sit down and get immersed in some semi-complicated knitting, ie. basic cables, basic increase and decreasing. Notso enthralling that you can't take your eyes off the screen, but entertaining enough that the time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment