Sunday, May 15, 2011

Early Starts

Well it's 5.30 am and I have been awake since 5, why you ask? My employer has given me a job position with hours that are better suited to me, as I have kids. So before I was working 9-6 and with work being at least a 30 minute drive (with good weather and no road accidents) I was not spending much time with the kids. My new hours will be 7-3.30pm, which means waking up very early, but home in time to spend some time with the kids after school, go back to cooking dinner and helping with homework. So for now I need to wake at 5am to make sure I get to work on time.

The really good news is they are opening another store about 5-10mins drive from my house, and I'll be located there as of the start of June. So not only will I be able to wake up a little later (5.30am) but I should be home for the kids by 4pm, which will be wonderful and I'm really looking forward to it.

The only downside is that we - my partner and I - are more the night owl as opposed to the early riser kind of people, so we may not be spending as much time together as I will be going to sleep earlier, but we'll see. Either way I still see this as a fabulous opportunity, and with moving closer to home, I should have more knitting time and less driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment