Monday, May 30, 2011

FO - Hermione's Cable Eyelet Hat (AKA My Half Blood Prince Hat)

Either way, this hat is a copy of the hat that Hermione wore in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

This hat has been knitted out of a mohair, wool blend I purchased from Bendigo Woollen Mills. It is the leftovers from the Que Sera cardigan I knit for my mum. And there is still plenty left. So what must a girl do???? Make matching mitts! As you can see below, there is a close up of the hat..... 

And I must admit I love it! It is very warm, super soft and such a pretty purple. I'm not really a hat wearing person, so it is taking a bit to get used to. But I need it for work, being outside all day with it being so cold just screams for knit wear....... and the more the merrier!

I really enjoyed this pattern, however I would make a few modifications for next time. Pretty much the only problem is the length, for me it came out a bit long, so next time I will do about 4 less rows of ribbing and also do a cable twist at the very beginning. I don't like how the pattern seems to start so high on the hat.

But overall a fabulous pattern, simple and easy to follow, yet the finished producst looks fabulous and fit wonderfully. And nothing beats the combination of eyelets and cables for interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment