Thursday, October 20, 2011

Still a little small

I finished my first variegated monkey and I'm not so sure it's fitting right. This is really disappointing as the last pair of socks I knit with 64 stitches on 2.25mm needles fit perfectly.

But the monkey seems a bit tight, particularly when trying to get it over the heel. I'm not sure if it's the lace stitches reducing the stretch ( which I assume it is) or if it's that the needles I used are too small. I know the pattern suggests 2.5mm needles but this size is not as readily available here in Australia. Not impossible, but not as easy to find.

I have located some addi turbo 40cm circulars in 2.5mm on eBay, which I might order, or I'll have to go for a drive to sunspun, which is a yarn store that sells knit pro and addi's I believe.

I'm still loving the color, but I think it'll be the last pair of monkeys I knit. But I think I will look at more cookie a patterns to knit, I have enjoyed them.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem with my Monkeys. I think it must be the pattern. Btw, you definitely can get 2.5mm Knit Pro DPNs and I think the Knit Pro 2.5mm circular needle at Wondoflex on Malvern Rd, Malvern. It's a great wool shop.

    ReplyDelete