Monday, October 10, 2011

Food dye blanket

I have completed, washed and blocked my log cabin blanket. This blanket has been made from wool that I dyed back in January, using vinegar and food dyes. The blanket is colorful and my kids love it.

The wool I used is not the softest, but ideal for a blanket, and it is lovely and warm.

This photo does not do the blanket justice, the colors are deep, vibrant and so happy! I have some wool left which I considered making as tassels, but for now I can't be bothered.

I am very happy to be finished with it though, the garter stitch was getting s bit numbing, and the blanket was getting very awkward to knit on due to it's size.

Now to focus on socks, an adapted version of the owls sweater and probably a lace shawl as well. No garter stitch for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment