Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cashmere Bush Shawl

When I went to Bendigo Sheep and Wool show in July, I managed to find and buy a gorgeous fingering weight skein of an 80% merino, 20% cashmere blend in stunning reds, from a brightish red, through to a depp maroon and crimsons. I decided to knit up a shawl with it, because honestly, what else do you do with a cashmere blend?

So I decided on the Bush Shawl by Carlotta Cecchi. It is a very simple design, which is what I was aiming for because I didn't want the colors to get lost in something complicated. I also chose this pattern because I figured it would be relatively easy to continue on past the end of the pattern so I could use up as much of the yarn as possible. It was quite a large skein, I think around 450 meters. I was able to do about an extra 6 repeats of the lace pattern rows, which I'm glad I did, because I finished up with barely any yarn left at all.


Unfortunately I could not get a photo that showed off the true beauty and depth of the colors, but you get the idea. I would definately recommend this pattern for any project that you want to show off the yarn, with enough patterning to keep your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment