Saturday, October 3, 2009

Knitting in Black

I bought some yarn ages ago, in black without thinking through how it would be to knit. It's not too hard, but not too easy either. I'm knitting a ribbed cardigan in one piece, and although i'm good at ribbing, because i can't see exactly where i am at a glance, i need to look closely. I always check once in a while to make sure i haven't accidently knit instead of purled, or vice versa.

The pattern is from the book "One Thousand Sweaters" and i love the fact that the book teaches you how to mix and match bodies, sleeves, pockets and necklines. It is also fantastic for giving a lot of basic patterns for loose or fitted garments. I believe this will help me to understand future patterns that i read. I chose just a basic 2x2 rib, because of the black. I want the cardigan to be fitted and have made it with negative ease. Only just. But i also amended the pattern to knit the two fronts and the back in one piece, so i figure it'll be a little bit bigger because of no seaming.

I have been working on my dad's sweater while reading "Comfort Food'. It's not really my kind of thing, but it's ok. While knitting my ribbed cardi I have been alternating between podcasts and listening to audio-books. I'm currently listening to "Deja Dead" by Kathy Reichs. I've read it before, but i love her books. The dishcloth blanket I'm making for my niece is plodding along, I do a couple of rows here and there when i get a chance. Usually when the kids are quiet and eating!

Definately feeling kinda lonely for knitting company, but it's so hard without a car. Unfortunately no one lives close enough that i feel comfortable inviting them over, it's a long trek for them. And I don't know any knitters that live closer. Hopefully I'll find some soon, taking little one to playgoup this week, might meet some then!

Til next time . . . . . Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment