Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Making Progress

The last few weeks have not been the best for knitting, with life being busy, I just wanted something to knit that required no thought at all, so I worked on a pair of vanilla socks in a really nice blue colorway from Patonyle. This became my only knitting as I was enjoying it all over again. Now they are done. And sorry, no pics yet as I had to wear them immediately after the final ends were woven in, so I will take a picture after they have been washed. But now I have cast on another vanilla sock:
 You'll have to excuse the blurs, I didn't realise at the time! As you can see I have begun the cuff of the first sock and it's being knit out of Moda Vera Noir, Pink Mix. Not my favourite sock yarn, but I have it in my sash so I'm using it. I think I'm ready for the leg now, I usually only knit the ribbing for an inch or so, until it bores me.
 I have also cast on the one row scarf from the Yarn Harlot. On the weekend at my S'n'B, I was given 2 skeins of handspun alpaca in lovely teales and blues. I had originally cast it on as a Saroyan, but the stitch definition was terrible. So I chose the simpler "one row scarf " and it is working up lovely. Pattern is memorised, I love the texture, and I like the idea that I knit until there is no more!
 Lastly, I finally made some progress on my Handspun Seneca. I have finished the body to the armholes, and had to begin a sleeve, but I wasn't in the mood to do the horizontal cables, and last night I finally had the desire to work on it.......and I'm so glad I did. It was nice working on something that required some concentration, but also so much fun watching the cable develop.
I'm looking forward to being able to wear the Seneca soon, I think it will be a really warm and comfy knit. For now though, I'm just happy that my joy for knitting is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment