Sunday, December 19, 2010

Last Minute Christmas Knitting

It came to my realisation that I have knit a cardigan for my mum, a sweater vest for my father-in-law, and a shawl for my mother-in-law. So who's missing? Dad! I felt terrible and since it is now less than a week til Christmas I think I'd better get moving. So I decided upon a cabled beanie and matching fingerless mitts. Although it is the wrong season, I hope he will find them beneficial in winter, especially when he takes the dog for a walk.

On another note I have been looking at knit toy patterns, and I am very fussy about the ones I like. I don't like the ones that look like a 5 minute knit sewn up and called a toy. I like the toys that look like animals, have many design techniques involved and that look really really cute. Although both my kids are past the soft toy stage, I am thinking about making some for the Christmas Tree Donations at the department stores next Christmas. That way I get to experience the fun of making these toys and know that they will be going to less fortunate kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment