Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm hooking again

So, with the goal to use my leftover sock yarn for good, I have decided to make a blanket. That of course leads you to the dilemmas associated with patterns and yarn quantities. Not to mention whether to knit or crochet.

In the end I chose to crochet, so I have something different and quick going, plus I love granny square afghans. So I chose one of the smaller leftover balls and crocheted a square, large enough to use the majority, but leaving a little over for the final border.

I'm reasonably happy with the result, but it has been difficult retraining myself in hooking. I don't do it often! I intend to crochet the squares together with white yarn in a single crochet, to give each color square a nice border to keep the colors apart so the stand out on their own.

The home for this blanket will be my car. A big blanket, large enough to fit both kids under during long drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment