Thursday, January 12, 2012

Knitting in the Park

The weather is nice today, that pleasant temperature between scorching hot and blistering cold. The sun isn't burning and the breeze is lovely. So after work I bundled up the kids and the dog, and we all walked to the park.

Sitting here in the shade with the dog while the kids play is a really nice way to spend an afternoon. The kids are playing on the equipment, and hopefully burning off their excess energy.

During lunch today I reached the first decrease round on the owls sweater and began the first row of the pattern. It's nice to have less stitches on the needles, and to work a pattern. Can't wait to see how it works out.

My sock is growing as well, I have turned the heel, picked up stitches and now am working down the gusset. I really have missed doing this heel. Definitely more interesting than the afterthought heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment