Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Knitting with bulky

I bought some patons inca in the big spotlight sale and have started a sweater for Nathan. I know it's the wrong season, but I'm hoping to be prepared once the weather gets cooler, although we are having quite a few scorchers at the moment.

I haven't knit with yarn this thick before and while at first it felt awkward with such large needles, I must admit I'm loving it. Brilliant for quick results and satisfaction. I cast on on Saturday, have finished the body and 1 sleeve, begun 2nd sleeve and hoping to join them all tonight.

There is no pattern, just basic Elizabeth Zimmerman bottom up raglan construction. Easy, memorized and effective. The yarn has 3 main plus and one is a different shade, giving the fabric a bit of depth and interest. Photos to follow soon, probably when it's finished, though, which is hopefully very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment