Friday, January 6, 2012

No knitting today

Today I went to my great uncle's funeral. It was sad, but I didn't know him very well, so I'm still standing. I think the worst thing about funerals is that they make you think about your own mortality. I was glad to be there for my dad, he doesn't 't really have anyone at the moment, or since he divorced my mum.

The funeral was nice, although many of the religious aspects made me uncomfortable. I don 't follow Christianity, and the prayers in particular I found awkward. But the turnout was quite good.

I enjoyed catching up with family, even if it wasn't under the best circumstances. My grandparents are not looking too good themselves, although after 80, every day is an achievement. And seeing my pa smile at me was definitely a highlight.

I cast on a sock this morning and have only knit a few rows of ribbing, and they were after a few drinks, so I hope I don't have to tear anything back tomorrow. Wish I was at a stockinette portion, but oh well. My owls is, but I haven 't calculated how much to knit before decreases and the pattern, so I'll leave that til tomorrow.

I'd love to hear from anyone reading this blog, what you like, what you don't. Enjoy your life, appreciate your life and live your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment