Monday, September 14, 2009

What's next?

I have almost finished the cardigan, sewing it up and then knitting the neck, then i'm done. Which is great because I'm sick of hot pink for the moment. I'm excited about making more progress on my dad's sweater, getting through the ribbing so it can be a reading project. I also plan to start my first pair of socks, for when I'm watching tv with my man in bed. Something that requires some focus, but allows me to still watch the movie. Over the years I have bought dozens of multi-colored acrylic yarns, every time I saw a color combination I liked, I bought it. I had no idea what I would use it for though.

But my interest in socks has been peaked with all the sock crazy knitters out there. I have finally found a pattern for anklet socks, as I don't wear long socks, never have. So although the pattern requires circular needles, I think I'm going to use DPN's. I actually like using them for small circumference items.

I am reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs and absolutely loving it. I really enjoy the way knitting has been intwined with a fascinating story about a group of women and the difficulties and challenges they all have in their very different, yet the same lives. I love the idea of a knitting club and being a part of a group that is so welcoming of everyone regardless of their skill, background or age. It's very refreshing. Although there are similar SnB groups around me, As I have 2 kids and no car, it's very difficult to attend a meeting. Which I find so sad. I really want to go! It gets lonely knitting alone, although with my iPod, movies and books, I get by!

Til next time..........Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment