Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Fitness Goals

Now that I have definately booked my wedding, for real this time, and with summer around the corner, I feel a strong desire to get in shape......again. To be back where I was happiest I need to lose 15-20kgs, which is a big undertaking. But I will get there. Last time I lost 15kgs I did it using the exercise bike, but that has done nothing for me for the last couple of years. I have always exercised pretty much every day. So my new goal includes running.

As I have a treadmill, I have started jogging, tried running but not fit enough yet. Today was a breakthrough point, I actually enjoyed it and the time flew! Shocking! But I managed to do 7.63kms in 60mins. Very proud of myself. I do hope to one day be able to do 10kms in one go. At least that's my short term goal. So to hold myself accountable I plan to note down any kms I do and a total tally as well.

But other than running my ass off, I have finished the first sleeve for my tangled yoke and have cast on for the second sleeve. I have had no desire to work on the Wave Shawl, all I can think about is how I need another light-weight cardigan that can be worn with skirts. All my knitwear is more designed for jeans and cold weather, which is fine for today (cold and wet-record rainfalls over the last 2 days in glorious Melbourne but at least it looks like our drought has ended) but we have also had some lovely days with the sun shining, but the breeze requires light coverage.

Planning on making the Cece I think as my summer lace cardigan. I was going to make myself a Que Sera, (I loved that pattern) but I decided that there are so many patterns out there, I should try to do as many as I can! And I can always do the Que Sera whenever I want.

So now off to work on my second sleeve....can't wait to get to the tangled yoke, looks like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment