Monday, November 8, 2010

Joining the Yoke

I finally got around to joing the sleeves to the body of my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I must admit I hate this process. It is always awkward, at least until you have done quite a few rows, to knit around with there being no movement in the sleeve stitches. But I do love the no seaming effect!

I still have quite a long way to go until I reach the Celtic Horizontal Cables that comprise the tangled yoke design. Reading through the chart there are a few stitches that I need to review, for example creating multiple stitches out of one in the middle of the row. I need to check and see what is the recommended method of doing this. I'm sure this will be a challenge, but I'm still looking forward to it.

I'm loving the yarn more and more as I go on this project. The color is so deep and gorgeous, the little flecks of royal blue and jade green really give it life. I have always liked the color green, but now that I am using greens I wouldn't normally reach for, I'm realising my love runs deep. It is also a credit to the Bendigo Woollen Mills who make such gorgous wools. Their rustic range is my favourite, and this yarn being Colonial, I adore too.

I have also discovered that I like the fabric that is created using a 5ply on 3.75mm needles. At first I thought it would be too loose see-through, but now that I have so much of the cardigan knit, I can see that this is not the case. The fabric is light, but dense enough to be substantial. I'm sure I will knit many more garments in 5ply, I don't like the garments that are 10ply and heavy. I also think in our weather environment, there isn't much need for heavy woollen clothing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment