Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wandering Aimlessly

I am having one of those days when you are bored, and don't feel like doing anything. I have found myself wandering aimlessly around the house, room to room, just feeling bored. I want to knit, but frankly, I'm bored with it. Both my ongoing projects are green, solid colours. Both are in a stockinette portion of the pattern, and I really want something a bit more exciting. I feel the need to knit a sock, but I want to knit something with a really interesting pattern. Because the sock yarns I have all itch my feet, I want to try the Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4ply wool. That stuff is so soft it really shouldn't itch me. But I don't have any.

I have thought about casting on for a sock in one of the multi-colored sock yarns I have stashed, but I don't want to waste them if I can't wear them. Thinking they may be better suited to a shawlette.

I know that soon enough I will have challenging knitting, when I get to the yoke of my cardigan or the lace edging on the shawl, but for now I don't know what to do, I need colour and texture and a complicated pattern to challenge me. I get bored easy. I will most likely power through the second sleeve of the cardigan so I can get to the horizontal cables of the tangled yoke.....pretty sure that will keep me entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment